|Release Date||January 17, 2017 (JP)|
October 31, 2017 (US)
|Number of pages||192|
A lonely boy wandering the Arctic regions of North America meets a wolf, and the two become fast friends, depending on each other to survive the harsh environment. But the boy has a history, and the wolf is more than meets the eye as well …
- Chapter 1: The Final One (最後のひとり, Saigo no Hitori)
- Chapter 2: An Immature Girl (おとなしくない少女, Otonashikunai Shōjō)
- Chapter 3: Playing House (ままごと, Mamagoto)
- Chapter 4: A Minor Revolution (小さな進化, Chīsana Shinka)
Long ago, we descended upon this land.
This plentiful earth brought about an abundance of fish, grains, and fruit.
All of these riches, however, belonged to the god of the mountains, Oniguma.
Oniguma soon became enraged and devoured humans to satisfy its hunger.
Then, one day, a maiden from the land of Ninannah stood upon and offered herself to Oniguma.
Oniguma's hunger was quelled and it took her in as a wife.
THE HISTORIAN OF YANOME
THE LEGEND OF THE FOUR SYMBOLS
- In an interview with Oima Yoshitoki, Oima said that each volume cover depicts a character's dream. The Boy's dream was to leave his village and see the world, so volume 1 shows him traveling with Joaan.